Thursday, August 18, 2005

One of Those Days

It was one of those days at work, you know, the kind where not much seems to go right and just when you think it couldn't get worse it does. In my case the getting worse part was having to remove a dead pigeon from in front of the entryway to the building. The janitor only works mornings and one of the many hats I wear is building operations, so when a client complained, guess who got called? Only I couldn't find the shovel. The best I could do was a big plastic leaf rake. I managed to scoop it up and dispose of it in the dumpster behind the building. At least the bird was completely dead and I didn't have to deal with any flopping. So it was nice to come home to a neat little catalog in the mailbox called Bas Bleu. Among its many offerings are all kinds of bookish things. Since the holiday season is just around the corner, here are some ideas to hint at for yourself or give to a bookish friend:

  • The Pride and Prejudice Beach Towel (Avert your eyes from the top left corner of the photo, they have a book smashed open, cover side up. The horror!)
  • Bookish birds note cards
  • Photo albums that look like books
  • And, in case you're looking for a little something for me, this t-shirt would be nice.