Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Link Round Up

Feeling link-y today (or maybe lazy is more like).

  • In case you've missed it, the Booker long list is out. As usual I have not read even one of the books, but several of them are on my tbr list. Just haven't gotten to them yet.
  • How to Ruin a Perfectly Good Interview about your new book.
  • An interview with Nancy Pearl, author of Book Lust and More Book Lust.
  • Engravings and pictures from old books (link via del.icio.us)
  • Also from del.iciou.us, The Jean-Paul Sartre Cookbook. It is Sartre's "diary" as he tries to write a cookbook. Here's a taste from Ocotber 4:
    Still working on the omelet. There have been stumbling blocks. I keep creating omelets one after another, like soldiers marching into the sea, but each one seems empty, hollow, like stone. I want to create an omelet that expresses the meaninglessness of existence, and instead they taste like cheese. I look at them on the plate, but they do not look back. Tried eating them with the lights off. It did not help. Malraux suggested paprika.
  • That should be enough to keep you busy for a few minutes. I'm going to go catalog more books. Have I mentioned that we've gotten over 300 done so far? And we haven't even made it to the official library in the basement yet!