Monday, November 13, 2006

Aspirational Meme

Litlove has come up with a new meme, this one has aspirations. What part of the past would you bring back if you possibly could? I feel like such a copycat, but Dorothy has it right: summer vacation. It is one of the many things wasted on the young! What character trait would you alter if you could? My shyness. I am quite shy with strangers and in groups larger than four. Even when I have to do something as easy as remind 40 people during a staff meeting, all of whom I know, about not clicking on links in unsolicited email I get out of breath and nervous and slowly turn bright red. Which skill would you like to have the time and energy to really work on? I would love to have time to work on my drawing skills. I love to draw and but I've never had the opportunity to really focus on it. I'd also love to learn how to play an instrument. Lately I've been dreaming about learning how to play the fiddle. Are you money poor, love poor, time poor or freedom poor? Who couldn't use a little more money? So many books to buy! But really, what I am poorest in is time. If I had more time I'd be drawing like crazy and fiddling until the neighbors pounded on my door begging me to stop. What element of your partner's character would you alter if you could? Litlove is trying to get us all in trouble with this one. I'd make him a little less prone to procrastination. What three things are you going to do next year that you've been meaning to do for ages but never got around to? Paint the bedroom. Read Anna Karenina. Clean out the closet in my study If your fairy godmother gave you three wishes, what would you wish for? A cure for MS. The garden of my dreams. Magical bookshelves that always have room for just one more book. What one thing would you change about your living conditions? A woodburning fireplace. I can't believe I bought a house in Minnesota without a fireplace. Of course if global warming isn't stopped, I might not need one in 20 years. How could the quality of your free time be improved? If I could be more energetic and not so zapped after a day at work, that would make a world of difference. What change have you made to your life recently that you're most proud of? It's pretty much put away for the winter now, but I've begun riding my bike more than just to and from work and around the lake from time to time. Not only is it great exercise, but it's great stress relief too and I feel like I am participating in one of the things that makes where I live so great. When the weather is fine here, it's like the whole city comes out to enjoy it whether it is cycling, walking, running, roller blading or a simple picnic on the grass by the lake. It's a wonderful community feeling and I am happy to be part of it.