Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday Quickie

Iliana mentioned yesterday that she is a Barnes and Noble member and got a spiffy holiday catalog. I felt slighted since I too am a member and did not receive a catalog. But, lo and behold! What should be in my mailbox today but the catalog! If I had Will Robinson's robot from Lost in Space he'd be frantically waving his arms and shouting "Danger! Danger!" right now. I have no such warning system, however, and I have browsed through the first half of the catalog gleefully circling books and folding pages. Such a nice way to relax after work. I started reading Lewis Buzbee's The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop the other day. I was tempted to it by Danielle who posted some wonderful passages. Unfortunately, now that I have the book from my public library, I am not connecting with it. I usually love these kinds of books but for some reason Buzbee is not doing it for me. From time to time I find myself enjoying parts of the book but it's rather uneven. I'm a third of the way in and hope that it will get better.