Friday, March 05, 2004

Take a Bow Minneapolis!

We may poke a little light hearted fun at our neighbors in Wisconsin, but the folks at UW Whitewater did a study of the most literate cities in the US with a population over 250,000 and the fair city of Minneapolis is number one. St. Paul comes in at number 11 which is nothing to snort at, but continues to confirm that Minneapolis is the better of the Twin Cities. My birth town of San Diego tied with New Orleans for 40th place. I knew there was a reason I relocated. Barnes and Noble announced their Discover Award winners for 2003 yesterday. I can't say that I have read any of the winners, but I can say I own a copy of Brick Lane and plan to read it eventually. And at the New York Times Books Review (not to be mistaken with the New York Review of Books), and interesting review on How the Brontes Became Romantic Icons. The review discusses a new book on the Brontes, The Bronte Myth by Lucasta Miller.