Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Having Fun

Was off at my precinct caucus last night so no chance for reading or much of anything. But I can feel like a good citizen for having partcipated. I just finished reading (if you could call perusing lists reading) Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment and Reason by Nancy Pearl the other day. A great book if you are looking for something to read or if you like to torture yourself by adding yet more books to your list of want to reads. I fall squarely in the torture category. Anywho, she was interviewed this morning on Minnesota Public Radio's Midmorning show. You can listen to the interview here. Nancy Pearl has the kind of life I want--she does almost nothing but read all the time, it's her job. I want in on that gig! My book and list addicted self was also glad to hear that she is at work on a follow-up book called Book Lust, the Morning After. And on a lighter note, check out the book quiz (via For Myself and Strangers) to find out what book you are. Maybe it will become a new pick up line, instead of "Hey baby, what's your sign?" it would be "Hey baby, what book are you?" Think about how much you would learn about the other person. And in case you're wondering about me:


You're A Prayer for Owen Meany!
by John Irving
Despite humble and perhaps literally small beginnings, you inspire faith in almost everyone you know. You are an agent of higher powers, and you manifest this fact in mysterious and loud ways. A sense of destiny pervades your every waking moment, and you prepare with great detail for destiny fulfilled. When you speak, IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS!
Take the Book Quiz at the Blue Pyramid.

I just hope I meet a better end than Owen did. And for the record, I'm not an all caps kind of gal, I'll leave the caps to Owen. If you don't know what I'm talking about, READ THE BOOK!