Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Worried

I'm posting this from work because my laptop had a bit of a breakdown this morning. Ted at Apple Support tried to help me get things back up but to no avail. My dearly beloved who has the day off today has spent all morning at the Apple Store trying to get it fixed. They did manage to back up all the data on it, thank the tech gods. They tried running the Apple utilities and when that didn't work they tried Disk Warrior. Now the latest update is that they are reinstalling the entire operating system. Swell. I will probably be spending the next several days trying to get everything back to the way it was before the problem which they don't even know what it is. They do know it isn't my hard drive or a virus or any other nasty malware. I'm not sure if I should be relieved about that or not. Up until this morning my trusty computer has had nary a problem for over four years. Oh bother! Send good computer thoughts my way if you have any to spare!