Thursday, June 30, 2005

Thursday Browsing

For your Thursday browsing pleasure:

  • William Gibson writes about the joys and potentials of cut and paste art. It's an interesting and exciting idea which allows everyone to participate in the creative process. But what happens when everything becomes referential? Certainly recombination creates something new as does a recombination of the recombination, but it seems to me that eventually it would all sound the same.
  • T.C. Boyle writes about being stalked by a mountain lion and his writing process. If I had been stalked by that lion I don't know that I'd be so nonchalant about it.
  • Create a Shakespearean insult. At one point you could email it to the one you wished to receive it but spam has forced the site owner to shut down the email part of it. Gleeking earth-vexing maggot-pie spammers!
  • And from Slashdot, new member of the British House of Commons Jamie Reed, in his first speech before the body said "I crave the indulgence of the House in interrupting such an important and enjoyable debate to deliver my maiden speech. Furthermore, as the first Jedi Member of this place, I look forward to the protection under the law that will be provided to me by the Bill." Jedi? What are you folks doing over there in the UK? After he brings Jedi justice to your government, can you send him and his light saber over to the US? Thanks in advance.