Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Bits and Pieces

Bookslut has a great interview with Camille Paglia. I never thought I'd say this, but after reading the interview I kind of like her. I might, gulp, have to revisit her previous work and, gulp, even give her new book a try. In case you haven't caught it yet, over at Bookninja there is an interesting article on the publishing psychology of hardcover versus trade paperback original. Maude Newton gets lawyer-y and philosophical over "Florida's proposed 'student academic freedom' bill, which would allow conservative students to sue liberal professors who advance ideas that are repugnant to them." The thought sends chills down my spine. In case you haven't heard, Saul Bellow died. The NY Times has a sort of retrospective. And The Elegant Variation has a round up of coverage.