Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Book Blahs

I feel like I haven't been reading lately and it disturbs me. But then when I stop to think about if it's true, I find that I have been reading for at least half an hour nearly every day. But I've got the reading blahs. I am reading good books: Vanity Fair, The Diary of Virginia Woolf, 1915-1919, Volume One, and The Earth Moved. But while all of these are enjoyable, none of them are compelling ohmygod don't bother me until I finish this chapter reads. I feel like I'm plodding along, not zipping. I usually finish a book a week and it's been over a week. Maybe that has something to do with why I feel the book blahs. Maybe I need to start a new book. Something like Terry Pratchett, fun and fast. Hmm. I like that idea. I can feel the blahs lifting already.