Wednesday, July 07, 2004

An Amalgamation of Items

I confess I am not a literary magazine reader, but this one looks promising:Small Spiral Notebook Today is author Robert Heinlein's birthday. Yes, I know it is hard to celebrate if you are dead, but if there is a hereafter, I'm sure Mr. Heinlein is having cake and a good shag. I owe my freshman college roommate for introducing me to his work. What a crazy ride his books are. And thought provoking too. The Guardian reports London police saved a stolen Iraqi book that was taken from the National Museum in Baghdad in looting after the U.S. invasion. And in the "did everyone know this but me" category, I found out last night while reading the latest issue of Poets and Writers that A.S. Byatt and Margaret Drabble are sisters. Sorry I haven't got more umph today. I have no other excuse than it is Wednesday and I am tired.