Monday, March 13, 2006

Just a Little Snow

Here is what the start of my day looked like: spring snow Indoors is Good Nothing like a good spring snowstorm on a Monday. I had to dig my car out to get to work. Yes, I went to work in that mess. And then I had to dig my car out and have two co-workers give me a push to get home. It wouldn't be so bad if it were light and fluffy snow. Unfortunately, it is wet, heavy snow. The "experts" say never to lift snow when shoveling but I'll bet they all have snowblowers or teenagers. Tired back. Tired neck. Tired me. I had a post about a small poetry book planned but that will have to wait until tomorrow. Until then, check out the New York Public Library's list of 25 Books to Remember from 2005 (link via Maud Newton and reader Teddy). I am always a sucker for lists and there are some good ones on here I have not heard off. Thank goodness for my computerized TBR list, otherwise I'd have a tree's worth of paper in my desk drawers! And if you have some time on your hands, there is an interesting discussion going on at Slashdot about why even techie-types don't like e-books. To to curl up under a quilt with a hot cup of cocoa and a good book!