Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Soon

I have decided that I am doomed to die with lust and longing in my heart, completely unsatisfied and unrepentent. I have just added six books to my TBR list after reading the winter issue of Rain Taxi. I will seal my fate by finally subscribing to this wonderful magazine and, I am close to breaking down and buying this spiffy t-shirt: On the left corner of my desk sit no less than 15 books I intend too read soon. Meanwhile on the right corner of my desk are another 5 books I intend to read soon. And behind me is a five-foot long shelf two books deep all of of which I intend to read soon. Do you see a pattern developing here? Then there is my list, to which I just added those books I read about in Rain Taxi. There are actually two lists, fiction and nonfiction. The combined number of books on these lists is just shy of 500. Then there are the pieces of scrap paper with book titles on them that are waiting for me to add them onto a list before the scrap gets lost. And of course, there are hundreds of books on shelves throughout the house that I mean to get to someday. And yet, it's not enough. I want more. More! MORE! I feel myself getting a little frenzied so to keep myself from going off the deep end, I will redirect my focus to imagining Hedda Gabler acted by robots. I am hoping I manage to read How to Survive a Robot Uprising before it's too late. Soon. Soon. I'll get to it soon.