Thursday, November 17, 2005

Nothing to Talk About?

I had a moment of panic when I sat down to my computer, I couldn't think of anything to blog about. *Gasp* But then I spied on the corner of my desk, the postcard for the 2006 Dodge Poetry Festival. It's the 20th year of the festival and the postcard says they are expecting 20,000 people and more than 60 poets. This is a drool worthy event. I heard about it a number of years ago when Bill Moyers was into poetry. I've wanted to go ever since. And now another year will pass without my attendance. The festival will be during my husband's store manager conference. He has to go to the conference, there is no getting out of it. And going without him would constitute cruel and unusual punishment for a crime he didn't commit. So I will just leave the card on my desk and gaze longingly at the picture on it of several hundred people crowded into a tent listening to poetry being read to them. If anyone reading this has ever been to the festival, do please comment about if it really is as wonderful as it sounds. Now I think I will go finish reading In Praise of Slowness. I have one chapter left until the end. It is--dare I say it--a fast read.