Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Darn Those Weather Forecasters!

After all the anticipation yesterday about the first snowfall of the year, it didn't snow! It rained most of the night but stayed just above freezing. Now the weather people are making up excuses and supposedly it's going to snow tonight but instead of the respectable 6-8 inches of yesterday we'll be lucky to get three. And it will be falling on top of ice too since the rainwater will be freezing. I hope the salt trucks are loaded up and ready to go. My Bookman and I finished listening to The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe last night, read by Michael York. It was fun to listen to. York's girls' voices were unintentionally funny. It was an enjoyable "read" but having never read it as a kid, it just didn't have a magical feeling for me. I can see, however, how children of a certain age would find the book wonderful. Unfortunately, I am well beyond that certain age. I think I need to take a listening break from Narnia for a bit though--we have the whole set on CD--and go for something a little less sweet. The jigsaw puzzle and the knitting will just have to wait until we agree on something we both want to hear.