Saturday, July 16, 2005

Midnight Madness

The big Harry Potter party at my husband's bookstore went off quite well last night, or should I say this morning? He estimates that he had close to 2,000 people in his store. Everyone enjoyed themselves immensely and the kid that had spent the night Thursday to be first to get his bracelet got to be first in line to purchase his book and he was quite pleased. My tired husband didn't get home until 2:30 this morning and then had to get back up a few hours later to be back to work at 7. The store doesn't open until 9 but he had such a long line outside by 8 that he opened early in spite of the store still being a big mess. He expects to be home around noon, with our copy of Harry Potter in hand. While he snoozes away the afternoon I will be reading. It continues to be so hot and humid here that I won't even need to feel guilty for doing nothing else.