Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Looking for My Happy Place

It's a good thing my head is attached because if it weren't it'd be rolling around lost in the dust bunnies under the bed or in a forgotten corner somewhere. It was one of those days that started off being just fine and ended with staying late to fix a problem. But the problem didn't get fixed so I have tomorrow morning to look forward to working on it somemore. Bah. Anyway, I have some reading--I started Umberto Eco's newest, The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana last night and so far so good--to help me reach my happy place. And I have week three of Dancing with the Stars to watch. My husband and I have been ballroom dancing for seven years so we feel it our obligation to watch the show and shout disparaging critiques at the couples as they dance across the screen. I was going to post a review of a book called Kalpa Imperial by Angélica Gorodischer, an Argentian writer. She has written a number of books but this is her first book translated into English. The translation was done by Ursula Le Guin. But given my grumpy mood, I am having concentration problems so I will save that for tomorrow. Please accpet this link to an already composed email you can send to your Congressional representative urging support for the Freedom to Read Amendment I mentioned yesterday. So if you were thinking about sending a letter but thought composing it was too hard, here's your chance. All you have to do is fill in your name and address, you don't even have to know your representative's name. What could be easier than that? I must go answer the call of a book and chocolate covered strawberries.