Friday, January 21, 2005

Bits and Pieces

Personally, I think Bush is the devil. Why is this necessary? I can understand that some people might find it cathartic to tell their stories, but I don't need to know the nitty-gritty details. It was so unimaginatively horrible that people preferred to jump out of windows to their death than to die inside the Trade Center. That takes my breath away. I don't need to know more. You can read Umberto Eco's lecture on books online I have't read the entire thing yet, but it looks promising. (link via Conversational Reading) The snow is coming down outside with no signs of letting up. This is the most snow we have had all season here in Minneapolis. Nature appears to have decided to make up for the lack by dumping a pile on us all at once. I'm tuckered out from shoveling when I got home from work this evening. My shoveling muscles have atrophied this winter. Since it's still coming down I'll be shoveling again in the morning. I am of the mind that multiple shovels are better than trying to remove several inches of snow all at once. So since I don't have to work tomorrow I am going to go make myself some hot coffee with a little chocolate in it, pull a quilt around my shoulders and stay up reading until my eyes get droopy and I can't make sense of the squiggles on the page.