Saturday, January 15, 2005

Foggy

One of the things I hate most about having a cold is that foggy, fuzzy feeling that takes over my head. I spent the day yesterday reading and napping and watching bad movies and napping and reading and did I mention napping? One of the bad movies I watched wasTroy. Hollywood managed to squeeze ten years of war into two weeks. It was a complete desecration of the Iliad, not even all that naked man-flesh could make up for it. The worst part is that there are now all sorts of people walking around out there who think they know the story of Troy because they saw the movie. The world isn't going to end because of that, but it is rather sad that the richness of the Iliad is thrown away so easily to make a few bucks. The other bad movie I watched was Matrix Reloaded. And as a consequence of all my napping I had some rather strange Matrix and Troy dreams. Neither managed to overlap, though Achilles vs. Neo would have been interesting.