Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Some Books About Books

A short review of some new books about books at the NY Times. I love books about books and reading. I like them because it means there are other people, often more well read than I am, who spend more time reading than I do and have many more books than I do. The number of their books is a comfort with a hint of envy and their well read-ness is an inspiration and gives me something to aspire to. I also like to read their thoughts on books I have read and get ideas from them for new books and authors I have not read. I already own, and have read the Manguel book. I own, but have not yet read the Hornby book. The other two look interesting and I will have to acquire them at some point. The one with the photos of writers' homes is particularly appealing, it excites the gawking voyeur in me.