Saturday, June 26, 2004

So Tired

Sorry, I am unable to muster my energy to read the Montaigne essay today, maybe tomorrow. Why am I so tired? The husband and I have been on "vacation" all week and we are still working on laying down a ceramic tile floor in our basement. The bedroom is done but for the grout and most of the hallway is done too. But it isn't finished. The Home Depot 1 - 2 - 3 Flooring book was handy up to a point. Eventually, as with all how-to books, you must make the leap into reality. In our case we looked at our perfectly unsquare room and asked ourselves, do we do like the book says and make yet one more trip to Home Depot for yet another tool and spend a few more dollars over what we had planned the project would cost? Or do we say f--- it and do the thing our own way which is much easier and doesn't require more tools? We went with Frank Sinatra and did it our way. It looks nice, it's just not what a professional would have done. But when it comes down to it, who cares? It's my house and it's the guest bedroom and the hallway to the second bath and the laundry room. If you come stay at my house and you don't like the floor, then you have issues and I don't want you coming back to visit ever again--or at least until you've worked out your psychosis with an understanding therapist. Oh, and did I say I get grumpy when I'm tired?