Friday, December 01, 2006

Dancing Fool

Just a quickie tonight because I've got plans that are big and non-bookish for a change. You see, Tony Dovolani and his competition partner Elena Grinenko, who have both appeared on Dancing With the Stars as professional partners, are at my dance studio. Tony is giving a group mambo class and I and my husband will be among the students. Not only is he on TV, but he is also a champion latin ballroom dancer. I am excited and nervous and hope I don't make a fool of myself. Anywho...Charles J. Shields, the author of the Harper Lee biography (my review and an interview) is now writing a biography on Kurt Vonnegut. This will be the first authorized bio of Vonnegut. He is hoping to hear from readers about their experiences with Vonnegut, whether they be personal or with his novels. If you have a story to tell, email him. And a quick update on The Gunslinger and the exercise bike. It's going pretty well. I am not into the book enough at this point to want to ride the bike just so I can listen to it, but while I am riding I find I can't stop in the middle of a chapter. So at least it keeps me going even if I want to stop. The story is interesting and my husband is tickled that I am listening to it since he loves the Dark Tower books. He comes to check on me from time to time to see where I am in the story, smiles and then scampers away. That's it. Told you it'd be quick. Off I go to dance, dance, dance!