Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A Break in Regularly Scheduled Programming

The Pen/Faulkner finalists have been announced. Among them are Marilynne Robinson and Edwidge Danticat. Be sure to check out The Bookslut Guide to Book Lovers Trivial Pursuit On a different note, I will be away for the next four days visiting the parents in my home town of El Cajon, California. I've spent the last several days mulling over what I am going to take to read. I decided on Iris Murdoch's The Sea, the Sea and, in case I need something lighter to take the edge off of any weird family dynamics, The History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters by Julian Barnes. It is supposed to snow here tonight and maybe Friday. Where I'm heading the forecast indicates low to mid 70s. Looks like my body is in for a bit of a shock. While I'm away, visit the archives or check out some of the great blogs over on the right. Be sure to come back Monday though. I should have the promised interview with Adam Fawer author of Improbable posted that day. Happy reading everyone!