Thursday, June 03, 2004

You Say You Want a Revolution

I hear so much about blogging from The Media these days that I don't know anymore if it's a phenomonal revolution of self-publishing and power to the people or a small blip on the radar screen of fads. When it comes to lit blogs in particular there has been an ongoing conversation about blogs vs. conventional book discussion media. The view among bloggers is that lit blogs have the potential to become the place for in depth reviews and honest discussion about literature. Whether or not this is true, I don't know. I started blogging about things bookish because writing in my handwritten journal felt so pointless and my co-workers think I'm a freak because I read so much. At least on the Internet I might be able to connect with like-minded folks. I must admit though that the potential of lit blogs is an interesting and exciting conversation. You can check out some of that conversation at Sarah Weinman's blog, Confessions of an Idiosyncratic Mind and at The Reading Experience