Thursday, January 01, 2004

Happy New Year!

Feeling lazy today. I stayed up last night watching the extended edition of the Two Towers with director and writer commentary. It was all interesting but especially when Fran and Phillipa were talking about the writing and how they adapted it from the book. It helped me forgive them for some of the larger deviations from the text (Elves at Helms Deep? Faramir tempted by the ring?). I know you all have been waiting for my annual list of books I read over the past year and what I thought about them, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see it. I will reveal however, that there are 52 books on the list. Some, no doubt will be kept up tonight wondering how I could possibly have read 52 books in a year. Others will sleep snug and smug because they read 53. Either way I hope your New Year is healthy and happy and filled with good books!